Saturday, October 29, 2011

Homemade Laundry Powder

I did a load of washing with my Miracle Wash Laundry Balls and I had a surprise when I opened up the washing machine. The balls (I got from Mum and had been sitting around for ages) had split and the little balls inside the laundry balls were all through my washing :(

I then remember a little while ago I had heard of a recipe to make your own laundry powder on Rhonda's blog so I went out to buy the ingredients (had other bought laundry powder but didnt want to open it) and spent about $10 on ingredients that will make about 1.3kg of washing powder.

500g bicarb soda will make 2 cups
1kg washing soda will make 4 cups
4pk of laundry soap will make 8 cups grated soap
1kg oxygen bleach will make will make 4 cups ( I buy this anyway so didn't take this into account)

In order to make about 7kg it would cost about $20 including the oxygen bleach and this would last for about 120 washes. Now that is GREAT value.

1 comment:

  1. Rach you'll probably find that it'll last longer than that. I only use half of what the recipe recommends and that is fine enough for us. Might need more for D's clothes though

    ReplyDelete